New-Japan Business Consulting
Japanese Working visa: professor, artist, religious activities, journalist, investor/business manager, legal/accounting services, medical services, researcher, instructor, engineer, specialist in humanities/International Services

Font Size

  • S
  • M
  • L

Company profile

VISA for work or a long-term stay

The purpose and scope of employment visa

Investor/business manager (Examples: company presidents, officers, etc.)
Legal/accounting services (Examples: attorneys, judicial scriveners, public accountants, tax accountants, etc. certified in Japan)
Engineer (Examples: scientific engineers, IT engineers, etc.)
Skilled labor (Examples: chefs specializing in the food of a foreign country, animal trainers, pilots, sports trainers, sommeliers, etc.)
Specialist in humanities/International Services (Examples: foreign language teachers, interpreters, copywriters, designers, etc.)
Intra-company transferee (Examples: people transferred to the Japanese branch (head office of the same company, etc.)
Artist (Examples: composers, songwriters, artists, sculptors, craftspeople, photographers, etc.)
Entertainer (Examples: musicians, actors, singers, dancers, sportspeople, models, etc.)
Journalist (Examples: newspaper journalists, magazine journalists, editors, news cameramen, announcers, etc.)
Medical services (Examples: physicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurses, etc. certified in Japan)
Religious activities (Examples: religious people such as monks, bishops, missionaries, etc.)
Professor (Examples: university professor, assistant professor, assistant, etc.)
Researcher (Examples: researchers, investigators, etc. at research institutes, etc.)
Instructor (Examples: teachers, etc. at elementary schools, intermediate schools and high schools)

VISA for work or a long-term stay

Period of VISA for work(Investor/business manager,Legal/accounting services,Engineer) or a long-term stay : 3 years or 1 year
Period of VISA for work(Entertainer) : 1 year, 6 months, 3 months, or 15 days

Required documents of the visa applicant

1. Passport
2. One visa application form (nationals of Russia or NIS countries need to submit two visa application forms)
3. One photograph (nationals of Russia or NIS countries need to submit two photographs)
4. Certificate of Eligibility (Note) – the original and one copy
Chinese nationals must also submit the following documents:
Copy of the Chinese Family Register
Temporary Residence Permit or Residence Certificate (If the applicant does not have a family register within the region under the jurisdiction of the embassy or consulate where the application will be made)
(in case of Entertainer:)Contract
(in case of Entertainer:)Resume
(in case of Entertainer:)Documents proving the show business history of the applicant
(in case of Skilled labor:)Employment contract
(in case of Skilled labor:)Curriculum vitae
* Depending on the nationality of the applicant, other documents may be necessary in addition to the above.

(Note) What is a Certificate of Eligibility?

A Certificate of Eligibility is issued before a visa application by a regional immigration authority under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice as evidence that the foreign national meets the conditions for landing in Japan, including the requirements that the activity in which the foreign national wishes to engage in Japan at the time of the landing examination is not fraudulent and is an activity that comes under a status of residence (excluding Temporary Visitor Status) stipulated in the Immigration Control Act. Application by a proxy in Japan is allowed. Representative in Japan that may make the application is common, even in our office has handled.

The visa application in person than in foreign diplomatic missions abroad, visa application will be terminated early by far. Has become now, to come to Japan and the standard to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility prior to this already, all foreigners except in the case of unnecessary short stay visa, etc., you wish to visit Japan has been obtained in advance certificate of Eligibility.


Booklet “New residence management system begins (Monday) July 9, 2012”

●Booklet “New residence management system begins (Monday) July 9, 2012”
(¥3,150[tax included]+Carriage\500)
In it the target of a new residence management system, between the medium and long-term foreign residents in our country have a status of residence on the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.